Wednesday, September 24, 2014

SHORT TRIP TO THE MET IN NYC



New York City

I had been meaning all summer to make it down to NYC to see the Garry Winogrand exhibition at the MET.  Finally made it down last Saturday, the day before it closed.  Better late than never.  However, it was a good day because the museum was not crowded.  So great to see all the images I have known for so long.  This was probably the 5th or 6th Winogrand exhibition I've seen, most recently his "Women Are Beautiful" portfolio (in it's entirety) at the Worcester Art Museum.  It was my honor to furnish them with a print of Winogrand working the streets of Austin, Texas, for their introduction. You can't see an exhibition of this man life's work without being inspired, so as we were moving about NYC, I made a couple of images.  The top on from the window of the cab in which I was riding, and the bottom one made while waiting for the museum to open.  

1 comment:

Pat Tillett said...

It almost looks like the lady on the corner, was positioned there. You caught a classic moment in the last photo. Love that face...

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)