Saturday, November 23, 2013



PONDERING POLLOCK

I realize that's it's been awhile since I've made an entry to the blog, but I can only say it has been a very busy time for me.  Exhibitions, grant applications, teaching my two classes at Clark, and mired in a number of time consuming other things.  But a recent note from Pat Tillet asking if I were OK has prompted me to let everyone know that I'm fine, and like I said, just busy.

I always figured that as I got older, things would settle down.  NOT!  The older I've gotten, the busier I've gotten.  Finally took time to product and drop-off a twenty print portfolio in NYC last month, and while there took the opportunity to visit the Museum of Modern Art.  Therefore the image above, me pondering on the museum's large Pollock painting.  You can never really appreciate Pollock until you place yourself in front of one, and just look.

While I may regret saying this, I will try and find the time to make a few entries now and then.  This blog has always been a place where I can speak publicly my thoughts about what I'm doing and why.  Onward.

2 comments:

luksky said...

I'm glad to know your absence has been from just being busy and fulfilled. :)

Pat Tillett said...

Yep, you are really busy! At least it all sounds pretty interesting.
I thought when I retired, I'd have tons of free time. It seems I have less time then when I worked. I've only seen Pollock in books, but I imagine it's a whole different experience in person.

I'm glad to hear from you and happy that all is well.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)